/* new */

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Democracy Lives

Back from two weeks in Canada [more about marvelous Surrey Writers and World Fantasy later] to election night. I'll get back to "business" in the next posts. For today...

...please excuse exuberance.

Hooray! Hallelujah!

Will never forget seeing Jesse Jackson in the Chicago crowd weeping. As one who remembers seeing Selma and Birmingham, firehoses and church bombings on the news...this is truly awesome. Intelligence and temperance and full intent to bridge the divides: I've got to believe the country and world will be better.

And now to shake off election addiction! I've got a murder to solve...

5 comments:

Kathy Amen said...

I still have trouble realizing it really happened. I was *so* afraid of a disappointment. And of course disappointments might come anyway, but for now, I am all inspired, and, above all, so very, very, proud of my country.

carolwriter said...

Exactly so. What a night!

Unknown said...

AMEN! Honestly, one of the most exhilarating evenings of my entire life, to sit and watch the results come in. Rev. Jackson was not the only one weeping last night. Oh, the joy!

carolwriter said...

Just about everyone I know shed a tear or five. Myself included.

Anna said...

Yes We Can! I haven't been proud to say I am an American for quite a while, but after last night, I really do believe that Americans can still be inspired, and that our capacity for hope really is unlimited. Go USA!!
~Anna