/* new */

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dust and Light - In the Wild!

Out today, Dust and Light, the first novel of Sanctuary.

How much must one pay for an hour of youthful folly? The Pureblood Registry accused Lucian de Remeni-Masson of “unseemly involvement with ordinaries,” which meant only that he spoke with a young woman not of his own kind, allowed her to see his face unmasked, worked a bit of magic for her....After that one mistake, Lucian’s grandsire excised half his magic and savage Harrowers massacred his family. Now the Registry has contracted his art to a common coroner. His extraordinary gift for portraiture is restricted to dead ordinaries—beggars or starvelings hauled from the streets.

But sketching the truth of dead men’s souls brings unforeseen consequences. Sensations not his own. Truths he cannot possibly know and dares not believe. The coroner calls him a cheat and says he is trying to weasel out of a humiliating contract. The Registry will call him mad—and mad sorcerers are very dangerous....

You can find Dust and Light at
    Your local Independent Bookstore
Or online at
    Amazon
    Barnes and Noble
    Powells  
    Audible


For an autographed copy, contact my good friends Nina and Ron Else at the Broadway Book Mall - 303-744-BOOK - in Denver.

Read the starred review from  Publisher's Weekly
Read an excerpt

6 comments:

Kitty said...

YAYYYY!!! So excited!! My copy's been pre-ordered for months and I can't wait until it's here! :D

Janelle said...

I'm almost halfway through, and I am amazed at how much I already love Lucian.

Anonymous said...

This sounds so very exciting :-)

sbp said...

Reserved my e-book copy months ago. :)

Kitty said...

This is a truly delicious book! I never know what's going to happen next. There were quite a few jaw-dropping, nail-biting moments, and I nearly cried a couple times. I loved the descriptions of how Lucian's magic worked - it felt real and immediate, and I love the way he keeps referring to the glory of magic. Cannot wait for the next book! :D

carolwriter said...

Oh, Kitty, that is very nice.